Thursday, June 28, 2007

Floaters

For the most part I ascribe to the saying of "what goes on the road stays on the road". But this time I have to tell. My room at the Holiday Inn last night was on the Atrium Floor. The hallway to the rooms has a view of the indoor pool and hot tub. It looked very inviting and I planned that after the conference events for the evening, I'd jump in the hot tub for a little relaxation. As I was hurrying to my room to don my suit, I looked to the hot tub to see who I might befriend. Well....... hmmm..... There in the hot tub was a pair of "Double Ds"... and they were floating, freely - "untethered". AND there were other people in the tub who didn't seem to mind - of course, they were all men. Now I know that I am in a very liberal state, but this was sort of a shock. I couldn't help but stop and stare. As the bubbles would swirl around the tub and the people moved, the Double Ds floated and kind of appeared to bob up and down in the water. I was reminded of bygone days of fishing with my dad. We would fasten red and white bobbers on the fishing line to alert us when we had a bite. After a few seconds, I decided that I couldn't probably go down to the tub after all. I actually tried to figure out how I could get back there with my camera and snap a shot without being noticed. I'm not sure how long I stood there on this walkway looking through the railing. A bare chest is one thing, but these were "remarkable" to say the least. The most remarkable thing about them was that they were on the body of a 300 pound bald man who had no teeth.

I must confess that I am not a svelte size 6 so I can empathize with folks who struggle maintaining a healthy weight. It's a challenge.

When I got to the room, I put on my gym shoes and headed for the nearest treadmill. It's amazing what can provide inspiration.

2 Comments:

Blogger Abby said...

Sick mom...sick.

1:09 PM  
Blogger LooseMoose said...

You totally had me! I loved it!

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home