Saturday, June 23, 2007

Finch Fever

I have decided that I really like the color yellow....especially on birds. These are the birds that gather outside my window on the newly installed bird feeder. The yellow birds are Gold Finches (I think). The red one standing in the tray is a House Finch. They eat thistle seed which my husband says will ultimately cause a problem because what they drop will germinate and grow. I don't care. I will kill lots of thistle plants if it means that I can watch these little fellows out of my window. I started to name them and then ran out of options. So far, I have "Goldie", "Lemon Head", "Butter Head", "Banana Sam", and "Caution". The one in the tray is "Red Rover". I can't tell any of them apart, so it really doesn't matter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home