Thursday, May 03, 2007

ShopGirl 57038

I had an opportunity to watch over the local yarn store tonight while my friend (and local yarn store owner) journeys to San Antonio to see her son graduate from Basic Training. Although we weren't very busy with customers, I did get a taste for what owning a store would be like.

I went back and forth between being a consumer advocate (pointing them to the free pattern site on the web), to being a full blown capitalist ("you should try this $15 yarn instead of that $10 a skein yarn.") I can see where this would be a lot of fun, but a lot of work as well. I think the toughest part for me would be stocking the shelves with yarn that I would never buy because I don't like the color, or the texture, or the price. I think I've become a yarn snob.

There are beautiful yarns at Susan's store, I just haven't gone into that grouping of patterns that would use those types of yarn. Maybe someday. I admire Susan for knowing what customers want and purchasing to a wide variety of desires.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home