Monday, February 27, 2006

Hurray for most of the US Athletes

We had a fine showing in the Torino Olympics. 25 medals is not bad out of the total offered. Aside from the pissing match between Shani Davis and Chad Hedricks, it looks like we had a pretty good team effort. I was disappointed that Lindsey Jacobellis didn't even seem to be embarrassed by the stupidity of the move that cost her the gold medal. I am not an athlete of Olympic caliber, but when I was a bowler, I would never have clowned around on the alley during the 10th frame and risked falling into the gutter.

The figure skating is normally my favorite event. I don't know if it was the new scoring requirements, but I thought the event lacked "beauty" this year. And not very many of the skaters looked like they were having fun. The Italian ice dancers were definitely not having fun. The movie "The Taming of the Shrew" flashed into my mind as I saw her look at her partner after he dropped her.

Every time the Olympics come to a close, I say to myself that I should go to the next Olympics. Vancouver is not that far away. Maybe it would work for me in 2008.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home