Tuesday, March 07, 2006

This is the way we wash our clothes.......

I was reminded of a scene from the Exorcist this morning. Do you remember the one where the girl pees on the rug during the dinner party? Well our washing machine pulled a similar trick this morning as I was washing clothes. All of a sudden, water began to puddle out from under the machine. Ick. I hate water on the floor. This machine has been limping along for about 18 months. That is how long I have been functioning without an Ex. Large setting because the water level sensor failed. That event was a particularly messy one with the washer pumping water out the top of the machine without me knowing about it for a good 5 minutes. The water ran into the basement into our "food room" and really made a mess. Geez, I hate water on the floor.

So, when I get home tonight, I'll see a brand new front loading Frigidaire washer sitting where "the defective unit" formerly sat. It will appear on the Karpen Grain Co. auction on April 8. So long, Maytag. You're outta here.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not bad. If I count correctly, that's only the 3rd washer since I've been alive.

8:50 AM  
Blogger Abby said...

I still remember getting in trouble for "washing a load water" in the old yellow washer.

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home