Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Smarmy car salesmen


I don't trust them. I don't like them. They are trying to take money out of my pocket and put into theirs. It's why I don't like to play poker because I can't tell when people are bluffing. Plus I don't like it when someone is over my shoulder telling me how to play my cards. Only one person can negotiate the deal. Advice given on what to say is always easy advice to give and usually never what that person would really say or do if presented with the same situation.

But all of this is offset by the joy of taking the new car home. There is no feeling quite like it. It's not quite as good as taking your baby home, but similar in some ways. Here's the result of my recent negotiations. It is a new 2005 Toyota Highlander. This is the automotive equivalent of buying at the bread store. I like it. Our last blue car lasted only about four months before it was wrecked. I hope it is not a tradition.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home