Wednesday, November 07, 2007

36-22-10-20

Now I've got you guessing. Is this the combination to a secret padlock to a storage garage? a diary? my high school locker? Nope. It's something I'm very embarrassed to tell you.
It's the number of pairs of socks I have - by category.

Here's the summary:
36 pairs of trouser socks
22 pairs of work socks (wool, bulky)
10 pairs of holiday socks (pumpkins, santas, snowmen, snowflakes)
20 unmatched pairs of socks

I haven't even counted the white socks or nylons yet.
And this is after I threw 10 pairs in the garbage and donated 8 pairs to the Goodwill bag.

I bet my dad had 2 pairs of socks when he was growing up and Grandma probably made them.

Where did this obsession come from and how do I get rid of it?

You know what the bad thing is? I bet my kids each have more than I do. Time for confession girls....... and friends. Fess up.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, I recently purged socks this fall so I don't have as many as I did. Still, I probably have about 40 pairs of athletic socks, 7 pairs of dress socks, 3 pairs of big wooly socks, and 3 pairs of nylons.

3:16 PM  
Blogger Abby said...

When we got the new bedroom furniture I made myself get rid of some of my socks. I widdled it down to 14 pairs of crew socks, 14 pairs of ankle socks, 6 pairs of not socks, 14 pairs of black trouser socks, one pair of Halloween socks and two pairs of Valentine's Day socks. Yes I have an entire dresser drawer full of socks. And yes I got rid of several pairs...many of which I remember purchasing when I was in high school.

6:30 PM  
Blogger LooseMoose said...

How do you get rid of it?? You have as much chance of getting rid of your obsession as you do of eating your chips without sorting them!

I'll get back to you after I sort my socks...

10:24 PM  
Blogger RoxieNYC said...

I have not sorted my socks but I have purged a large number in recent months due to being nearly worn through. These were definitely purchased in college. On top of those listed I have a large number of knee-high socks to wear with knee-high boots.

Oh, and the socks I continually steal from your drawer when I'm home and cold. :)

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home